After one year of development, since I took the decision to rewrite it from scratch and after several months of beta testing, I am proud to announce that Smartdown II is now available.
I decided to show the beta (alpha?) as soon as possible to a private group of beta testers. Thank you, you’ve done an amazing job by reporting issues and providing new improvements ideas. You can continue to bring ideas in the forum.
Smartdown II is slightly more expensive than version 1. There are several reasons for a such pricing:
- The scope of this version is much bigger: Library, export, ..
- I do not want to make a major new version every 6 months and ask you to pay again the full version. Smartdown II will be a free upgrade for all owners of a version 1 license. If it is you case, send me an email with your version 1 license and I will send you your new key.
- I need to have a sustainable pricing model allowing to think in the long term.
This is only the beginning
The reason to rewrite it using new technologies was to have the required foundations to add new features to the product without to have to make major breaking changes.
Here are some of the elements I have on my immediate roadmap:
- Improved MultiMarkdown support (files include, table of contents, …)
- Support for Github like todo list
- MathJax support
- And a tons of small enhancements